Wednesday 4 January 2012

In 2012 I'm Looking Forward to Reading . . .

I read some great books last year, and have been reading through the list of books due for release this year. There looks to be some great books hitting the shelves over the coming 12 months, so I thought I'd comile a list of the ones I'm looking forward to getting my hands on. I was going to make a list of 10, but I've ended up with 13 instead (oops!)



Jane Costello - All The Single Ladies
Jane's books alwas make me laugh out loud. They have great stories and humour dotted throughout them, and I love the short and snappy chapters she writes too!


Paige Toon - One Perfect Summer
My favourite author! I could read Paige's books over and over again - in fact I have! I love Paige's story telling, her characters and the way she makes me feel like I am experiencing exactly what her characters are when I am reading her books.

Sophie Kinsella - I've Got Your Number
The Queen off Chick-lit and the writer of the fabulous Becky Bloomwood, Shopholic series. I love the series and her one-offs (possibly even more). I've Got Your Number sounds like a great read and is one I can't wait to get my hands on.

Melissa Hill - The Charm Bracelet
Melissa always manages to put some unforgettable twists and turns in her stories that take me by surprise. I'm looking forward to see what she's got in store in her book which is out later this year.

Ali Harris - The First Last Kiss
Ali's debut novel Miracle on Regent Street was released at the end of last year, it was a feel good, Christmassy read and I voted it my Read of the Month back in November. I thought there was something special about her writing style and characterisation, so I can't wait to read more of her work.

 Jill Mansell - A Walk in the Park
I have read every single one of Jill's books and have loved them all, so I'm not going to stop now. Jill's stories are were down-to-earth, her female leads are likeable and she always comes up with a corker of a story.

 Ali McNamara – From Notting Hill To New York… Actually
The follow up to From Notting Hill with Love . . . Actually, a book I adored! I can't wait to see where the next installment takes us and what antics are in store for Scarlett. 


Roisin Meaney - One Summer
First of all I can't wait to see the cover for this as her last two novels have had mouth-watering covers. Roisin is a great writer and story-teller and manages to connect an array of characters in a charming way, which I am hoping for more of with this one.

 Allie Spencer - Summer Nights
Allie is an author I discovered last year. Summer Loving was a read I loved from the very first page and I read the entire book in a little over a day. It was light-hearted, fun and had some lovely characters in it. I am hoping Summer Nights will grip me just as quickly as her previous novel.

Carole Matthews - Summer Daydreams
I love Carole's books! They're charming, well-written and feature touching stories and characters. She writes short, snappy chapters which are my favourites and always fly through her books.


Miranda Dickinson - When I Fall In LoveI've only read one Miranda Dickinson novel so far, although I aim to read her other two at some point this year. Miranda has a lovely writing style and a real knack at telling a great, heart-warming story. I look forward to following her writing progress of this book on her blog and then reading it when it's released at the end of 2012.

Pippa Wright - Unsuitable Men
Pippa's debut novel Lizzie Harrison Loses Control was released last year and I loved it! It was real feel-good chick-lit and Lizzie was a fun and likeable character, so I'm hoping Unsuitable Men will also be a great read.

Victoria Connelly - The Runaway Actress
I remember reading and loving Molly's Millions by Victoria several years ago and have read all her books since. This is her first book away from the Jane Austen series that she has released over the past couple of years, so I am looking forward to what this one is going to hold.


So that's just some of the books I'm looking to reading over the coming year. What's everyone else looking forward to?

No comments:

Post a Comment